The Board of Directors (BOD) consists of A3 members who are executives within their organization that are committed and accomplished in their company’s specific area. The BOD goals are to oversee and align the A3’s business strategy and contributing their leadership to the organization.
- Over 45 years of experience in the banking, insurance, and investment industry; developed and marketed various national insurance and investment related products; recognized expert in Property and Casualty insurance.
- Served in Senior Management of banks, financial institutions and insurance agencies since 1974.
- Certified Insurance Counselor; recognized as Professional Agent of the Year by the Minnesota Professional Insurance Agents Association in 1986.
- Past president of the Minnesota Professional Insurance Agents Association; current member of the MN Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers Association; current President of AgriCap Group, LLC.
- Founded AgriCap Group, LLC in 2017 to develop captive insurance companies for agriculture, farmers and agribusinesses; evaluates and assists in developing risk management solution for farmers and agribusinesses.
- Over 20 years of experience in Estate Planning with specialization in transfer and succession planning for farms and agribusinesses; and crop insurance coverage and pricing analysis.
- Served in management positions in a national financial planning organization; founded and ran his own company; experienced in taking complex ideas and make them simple to understand and implement.
- Co-authored two books, Protect Your Legacy, A Handbook for Estate Planning, and Keeping Your Farm in The Family, What You Need To Know.
- Works with financial, insurance and reinsurance coverage and pricing analytics.
- Co-founder of AgriCap Group, LLC.
- Jay is the Executive Vice President at Nesbit Agencies in Minnetonka, MN and has been managing the operations of the agency for the past 18 years. He is also member of the Big I Minnesota board of directors.
- Jay has an MBA and Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Minnesota and remains involved with the University of Minnesota through the Center for Sales Leadership and Education.
- Over 45 years of crop insurance experience (1977); currently involved with AgriCap Group, LLC.
- Served at all levels of senior management of 4 insurance companies: CEO, COO, President, Sr. V-P, V-P, etc.
- Designed nationally implemented crop insurance policies and policy administration technology (based on precision ag technology)
- Served on the National Crop Insurance Services, American Association of Crop Insurers and AgGateway Board of Directors; currently serving on AgGateway North America Steering Committee and Standards and Guidelines Committee.
- Currently involved in AgriSemantics Working Group overseeing the development of a global standard controlled-vocabulary for digital agriculture.